Saturday, February 28, 2009

Guess who just got a new camera??

I was lucky enough to stumble across a Canon 5D Mark II in stock! Now if I can just find some batteries for it. They're all back-ordered. Boo!

I actually tried this camera out at WPPI and I fell in love! It is SWEET!! I cannot wait to get it in my hot little hands and make magic with it. I've been using the Canon 40D for the past year and I still love it but the new Canon 5D Mark II is going to open up a world of new possibilities for me as a shooter.

I also got a 15mm Fisheye lens to put on this bad boy and I battled between the 24-70 2.8 and the 24-105 4.0 IS. I finally chose the 24-105 because there have been times when I was using my 17-55 that I really wished I had a little more reach and also I think I really do need the IS unit during low light when people are moving at receptions.

The 5D Mark II will be beautiful in low light anyway so the 4.0 shouldn't matter too much.

Come on Canon and come out with the 24-70 2.8 IS and the 24-105 2.8 IS ! Get with it! :-)

OKay, for any brides reading this, I am so sorry about the technical jargon. So here's what you need to know if you're lost at this point:

My images are just going to keep getting better :-)

No comments: