Saturday, February 21, 2009

WPPI in Las Vegas

WPPI was so amazing. I am just now getting settled back into my daily groove. I didn't really have a lot of fun while I was in Vegas because both Latanya and myself got really sick. The air was so dry there so we both had bloody noses which wasn't fun at all! But for the most part, we learned a ton!

My two day plus class with Yervant was out of this world, amazing. I learned so much. He didn't hold back at all and he answered every question and even went in depth to show us how he achieves his award winning imagery.

We did make it to see Zumanity at the New York, New York hotel and out of 5 stars, I'd give it a solid 5. We chose seats that were on the side so we could be really close to the stage. I do wish we had chosen seats in the middle even if they were a couple of rows back because my neck was killing me from looking off to the right the whole night. But, other than that.. amazing! There is this part that takes place in this bowl of water that was to die for and had me on the edge of my seat wondering if the performers were going to hurt themselves. It was definitely worth the cost and our time. Warning: This show is not for children nor is it for people who are more conservatist. But for anyone who is very open minded, this show rocks!

A couple of other highlights were some platform classes. My favorites by a mile were Parker Pfister and David Beckstead. They both kept me awake and kept my interest and I feel like I actually learned a lot from both of them. My other favorite was Eddie Tapp. He didn't really "speak". He really just went through photoshop techniques in a speedy fashion but I learned a ton. He does this thing called "cookie light". I tried it last night on one image and it's pretty darn cool.

I also did a shoot at the Neon Graveyard with a las vegas showgirl and a bride and groom model as well as a real bride and also an amazing goth couple. It was a blast. Photos coming soon!

And lastly, on the first night I was there, I did three amazing boudoir sessions. Two were for real brides and one was for a model. I just posted some the other day and more to come soon!

Until next time.....

No comments: